Selen İŞMEN M.A.
Selen Ismen received her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from University of Virginia in 2007. From 2009 through 2010, she attended Prof. Dr. Yanki Yazgan's case consultations to strengthen understanding of clinical treatment approaches according to specific diagnosis at Marmara University Hospital, Child Psychiatry Clinic. She observed children with Autism Spectrum, Mutism, ADHD, and Social Anxiety in order to strengthen clinical knowledge.
In 2010, she went back to the United States to study her Master’s degree in Developmental Psychology at Columbia University. She received her Master’s degree in 2012. She prepared her thesis on developmental disabilities and early intervention.
While studying her degree she supported her theoretical knowledge with hands on experiences by completing her internships at Tompkins Hall Child Care Center and Bank Street Family Center in New York, where she joined their team after her graduation. She evaluated and worked with both typically developed children and children with developmental delays to promote their motor, cognitive, and social-emotional development.
In the summer of 2013 she returned to Turkey and joined the team of Gunisigi Child Center as a Developmental Psychologist. She is currently a full time clinician at Gunisigi Child Center.
Seminars and Trainings Attended
- Metropolitan School Readiness Test, Istanbul, June, 2013
- Ozgul Ogrenme Guclugu Bataryasi, Istanbul, July, 2013 (An assessment to evaluate learning disabilities)
- Projective Evaluation of Children’s Drawings Certificate, Rorschach and Projective Tests Foundation, Istanbul, Turkey, May 2010
- Child Development and Family Studies Certificate, Institute for Behavioral Studies (DBE), Istanbul, Turkey, March 2010
- CBT Boot Camp, by Dr. Christine Padesky, Istanbul,Turkey, 17-18 April 2010
- VII. Child Psychoanalysis Days, Istanbul Institute of Psychoanalysis, Istanbul, 2009