PSYCHO-DEVELOPMENTAL ASSESSMENT and THERAPY
Our mission is to support families to help their children to achieve their optimum developmental potential. This is accomplished by providing a team-work approach and intervention designed for each child's abilities, while offering emotional support and training to the entire family.
Additional services include counseling for family members, parent training programs, home-based therapy, developmental assessments , preschool interaction playgroup, school visits
In our center assessment procedure is used to determine whether the developmental skills of the child is as expected, or if there is a concern for his or her development and further evaluation is necessary. By developmental assessment; we can understand the child's strengths and weak points and we can plan our educational program and help the family and the child to make fullest use of his or her developmental potential.
We carry out a thorough assessment using the following instruments:
- WISC-R (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children)
- DENVER Developmental Screening Test
- BAYLEY-3 Scales of Infant and Toddler Development 3rd Edition
- Vineland Social-Emotional Early Childhood Scales
- Daberon-2 Test for Screening School Readiness
- Bracken School Readiness
- PEP-R (Psychoeducational Profile Revised)
- Ages and Stages
The most common problems we deal are as follows:
- Developmental delay
- School related problems such as school refusal, separation anxiety, school anxiety, learning disabilities, attention problems, behavior problems, adjustment problems,
- Emotional Problems frequently encountered in childhood years such as fears, anxieties, obsessions, self-esteem problems,regulationproblems,childhood depression, sibling problems, peer rejection and isolation etc.
- Problems in relation to school readiness
- Eating problems
- Sleep problems
- Problems related to toilet training